Sunday, April 20, 2014

Live in a way that demands explanation!

I don't know who said this, but I've written in the front of my Bible "We need to live our lives in a way that demands explanation."

And that's how I want to live and how I want to take this detour I'm on right now. 

Peter says "Always be prepared to give an answer to everyone who asks you to give the reason for the hope that you have." - I Peter 3:15

If I'm supposed to be prepared to give an answer...that means somebody has got to ask me a question. And, I figure I need to look different or act different if someone is going to ask me what's my reason for the hope I have - especially right now! And then in gentleness and respect, I can tell them that "my hope is built on nothing less than Jesus' blood and righteousness."

I had a great day with my Madison family and my Kemp/Earhart/England/Shelby/Anderson/McDermott/Ferguson families today! Thank you for all the prayers and love that you all have surrounded me with. I really am at peace! I have my first consultation in the morning and will know more about what lies ahead this week.

And the photo...that's Rosey and me in "my friend Karlen's" garden. That's how I spent a good part of my morning yesterday - in weed therapy...hoeing!

"I love you, O Lord, my strength." - Psalm 18:1


2 comments:

  1. Love this!!!! Have you seen God is not Dead? The student in this movie had to give an answer. Peter says "Always be prepared to give an answer to everyone who asks you to give the reason for the hope that you have." - I Peter 3:15
    Praying for you!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Barbara! I appreciate all the prayers.

      Delete