Monday, April 21, 2014

I married a goon!

A joyful heart is good medicine" - Proverbs 17:22

If laughter
 truly is the best medicine, then I of all people should not have a cancer diagnosis. I mean...I married a goon!

Actually, that's one of the reasons I did marry him. Who could resist? I like to laugh. It's good for your immune system. Research shows it boosts your energy and protects you from stress. Ha! I should be well protected. 

One website actually said "Add chuckling to your illness prevention plan." Well - there is no shortage of chuckling at our house even though I didn't intentionally add it to my illness prevention plan.

We met with the doctor today. For those of you praying for me - many, many thanks. I go for testing bright and early this Friday morning (4/25). Please pray the cancer is contained. That being the case, I get off with surgery and no chemo/radiation. 

I am so blessed to have so many who love me and are praying for me. Thank you, thank you, thank you! And for all of you who are keeping me laughing - many thanks.

"I love you, O Lord, my strength." - Psalm 18:1

 

No comments:

Post a Comment