Thursday, July 31, 2014

Ferguson reaches day 100!

Today is day 100 for Dawn Ferguson on her new "raw" diet to heal cancer. We took this opportunity to interview her about her experience. 

Q: So, Dawn, tell us what you're eating?
A: Raw fruits and vegetables, nuts and seeds. 

Q: Are you eating any cooked vegetables?
A: No.

Q: Not even some beans or a baked potato?
A: My goal is to eat all raw...as in not cooked.

Q: Are you tired of eating just raw stuff?
A: Yes!

Q: Have you cheated?
A: Yes! But not much.

Q: How much have you cheated?
A: I've had two naked, baked potatoes. I've eaten about a half cup of cooked black beans and a little steamed broccoli. And I've had a few pieces of Ezekiel bread. Those are my only cheats in the past 100 days!

Q: What do you like the least about this diet?
A: Eating salads all the time and not being able to go out to eat.

Q: What do you like the most about this diet?
A: There's no wondering what I need to buy at the store to "fix" to eat.

Q: What about Roger?
A: What about him?

Q: What's he eating?
A: I'm still cooking for him!

Q: Isn't that hard?
A: Sometimes.

Q: Has he been supportive of your diet?
A: Most of the time. Except there was that one time when he told me to just put salad dressing on something I didn't like and eat it! He might have even told me to quit whining.

Q: Sounds like you're holding a grudge.
A: Moi? 

Q: What's in the picture up above?
A: My latest discovery. Raw onion bread.

Q: How do you make raw bread?
A: Well, you have to plan way in advance. This bread is made from ground sunflower seeds, ground flax seeds, onions, olive oil and coconut aminos. You mix all that together and then spread it on sheets in your dehydrator and "cook" it for 36 hours! 

Q: And how does it taste?
A: Considering I can't have baked bread and am tired of salads, it's delicious! Actually, it's not bad at all. I even look forward to dinner now.

Q: How much longer are you going to stick with this diet?
A: I go back to the naturopath in September so I'm sticking with it at least until then. I'm hoping he lets me add a little cooked food after that. 

Q: Then what?
A:  From all the research I've done, it appears I'll need to be doing this for about two years to get my body back into tip top shape and keep it cancer free.

Q: You think that will be hard?
A: Yes, I do. But the longer I do it and see how much more energetic I am, the easier I hope it gets.

Q: Well, congratulations for making it 100 days! Any final words you'd like to share with our readers?
A: Yes - thank you all so much for your support and your prayers! I love you guys! And "I love you, O Lord, my strength."


2 comments:

  1. keep showing up and telling your story! love you girl and pray that God will deliver complete physical healing to you soon! blessings and peace forever!
    chuck

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on your first 100 days! Wishing you the very best.

    ReplyDelete