Friday, September 5, 2014

Got Juice?

It's been a month since I've blogged, and several of you have asked how I'm doing and when I'm going to the doctor and am I still eating all raw and getting tired of it! 

So here's an update.

I'm doing great. I'm still jumping about 10 minutes every morning on the trampoline. I have a Mandisa play list that gets me pumped up and going strong. 

I'm still juicing every day and am continuing to turn orange in the process!

Yes - I'm still eating raw which means uncooked fruits and vegetables. Yes - I do get tired of it and yes I have cheated a few times. But - cheating for me is to bake a potato and eat it plain - or at least with "nutritional yeast" and no butter, etc. Or a few bites of baked organic black beans. I think I just crave a little something warm. But I have a basic eating routine down now. Breakfast is a fruit smoothie. Lunch is a big salad. And dinner is my homemade, dehydrated onion bread with avocado, tomato and sprouts. After drinking all that juice in addition to these meals, I'm rarely hungry for a snack. And, of course, I do still have my $6.99 raw chocolate candy bars!

I'm having blood work done this coming Monday and will go back to see the naturopath in Alabama on Monday, 9/15. I guess we'll know more about how I'm doing after that. 

In the meantime, I'm back to doing a little volunteer work and helping plan the annual CWJC Madison fundraiser. The event will be Thursday, September 18 from 6:30 to 8:00 in the gym at Madison Church of Christ. If you haven't been invited and want to come, let me know. I promise it will be a fun and uplifting evening. I'm always inspired by the stories of the women and men who have worked so hard to get their GED and am always thankful that I've gotten an opportunity to play a part in their transformation. 


No comments:

Post a Comment