Tuesday, May 13, 2014

Reaping and Sowing

You reap what you sow.

That's a law of nature. A law of God. 

If you plant corn seeds, you'll get corn. Tomato plants yield tomatoes and on and on. 

Unless God intervenes and causes a miracle to occur, you will always reap the consequences of your choices. 

I've been told they know one thing about the cancer that is in my body. It is not genetic. That has caused me to stop and really examine my lifestyle for these past few years. 

For the past almost three years, I have become more sedentary. I've been sitting at a desk working on a computer and really not doing much physically to tax myself. I've also gotten progressively worse about what I eat. You may look at me and think I must be eating right because I'm not carrying excessive weight. But please don't judge the inside by looking at the outside!

My body has rebelled as a result of my choices. That's right - they have been my choices. 

The Bible says God is in the heaven and He does whatever pleases Him. (Psalm 115:3) And He allows us to do the very same thing - whatever we please. 

He has given us certain truths to live by and when we violate them, there are consequences. I don't believe God gave me cancer. I believe He gave me the freedom of choice to either take care of myself or not. I have sinned by abusing the perfectly good genetic structure that I have been blessed with. As a result, there is a tumor in my body. 

We are all fearfully and wonderfully made. The body is designed to take care of itself and to prevent disease IF given the proper fuel. 

This cancer in me is a wakeup call. An opportunity for me to turn my lifestyle around and to thank God once again for His mercy and grace.

That's why I've chosen the path to healing that I've chosen. If you think it's easier than drugs and surgery and I'm a big chicken sitting around doing nothing - you're wrong! For almost three weeks, I've eaten NOTHING BUT RAW FRUITS AND VEGETABLES, SEEDS and a couple of slices of Ezekiel bread. I've exercised and meditated and gotten sunshine and rest. I've juiced carrots and am pretty sure I will soon turn orange! I have totally turned my lifestyle around and it's not easy to make that many changes and stick with them all.

I also know that my body didn't get in the state that it is in overnight. It took time, and it is going to take time to turn it around. 

Yes, there will be lots of lessons learned as a result of this journey. The first one I have come to terms with and accepted is that you really do reap what you sow. Thank goodness I have faithfully sown to my Spirit!

And the picture? Well, I really didn't have an image for reaping and sowing, so I decided I would show off three of the reasons I am working hard at turning my life around!

"I love you, O Lord, my strength."

3 comments:

  1. Wishing you the best Dawn. I agree that total lifestyle changes are a lot of work! I've been on a similar path for the last nine months. While becoming cancer free is the main goal for both of us...aren't you amazed at all the side benefits? My skin improved almost overnight once I cleaned up my diet and began juicing. Listen to your body and your intuition....you know what is best for you! Hugs, Kay

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Kay! More power to you friend and hugs back.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amen, Dawn! Perfectly said. :) If only more people could see that most of the diseases we suffer from are not accidents or curses from God, rather simple consequences of our great American lifestyle. I applaud you for making the difficult decisions you've made and turning your lifestyle around! You're sowing seeds of health and nutrition and you will reap the reward of a healthy body! :) Praying for strength for you! xoxo Stephanie

    ReplyDelete